Changing careers in midlife can seem impossible, but we are here to tell you that with the right knowledge, support, and guidance it can be done! We’ve put together the most powerful and proven articles, guides, courses, tools, and tests to help you quickly and safely change careers in midlife.
Blog (Articles + Videos)
Is It the Job or Is It You? This article will help you figure out if you have a bad job or a miserable one and what you can do to improve your current situation.
To be fully alive, your search for personal meaning must be never-ending John Tsilimparis John Tsilimparis, a regular therapist on the A&E TV show, “Obsessed,” says that to be fully alive, each person’s
What to do if you find you personality and your job are out of alignment Ryan Mack, a partner at TruYuu, an online job advising service, says that the reason you are unhappy in your
Author Richard St. John speaks on the eight traits that all successful people have in common (3 minute video) After interviewing over 500 highly successful people from a wide variety of professional fields, Richard
CNNMoney reports on the job sectors and cities where employment growth is strongest All across America, even today, there are small business sectors that are thriving. You just have to know where to look. Here
Career Change & Life Balance (FREE GUIDE)
Career Change & Life Balance is an invaluable resource, packed with practical information, useful references and links, and common sense advice for changing careers or achieving a better work-life balance.
In 36 succinct pages, this SPECIAL REPORT will help you:
- Gain insight into your own life values and work priorities
- Understand the role of career consultants, life coaches, and financial planners
- Build a team of personal advisors to serve as a sounding board
- Find the best self-assesment test and planning tools
- Determine the viability of alternate career options
- Consider the possibility of returning to school
- Assess whether a sabbatical or learning vacation would be right for you
- Understand the benefits and challenges of pursuing an entrepreneurial path
Know Yourself! (FREE GUIDE)
How to Find Wisdom and Insight From a Career Aptitude or Personality Test
The right career aptitude test or personality test can provide important insight into how to focus your efforts to better manage your life and career — whether it be choosing a career, changing careers, or simply making changes to how you live and work to increase your personal and professional fulfillment. This guide is designed to help you select the right test for you — as well as how to get the most out of your results.
How to Become a Teacher (FREE GUIDE)
Our teaching guide will help you make the transition to a second career in education. Available as an instant download.
This 40-page guide includes everything you need to know about making a career change into teaching:
- Traits of successful teachers
- Rewards and challenges of the profession
- Training and certification requirements
- Links to help you research certification procedures in all 50 states and the District of Columbia
- Alternative routes to certification for mid-career professionals
- Pros and cons of public and private schools
- Finding job opportunities
- Organizations that can provide grants and fast-track training
Midlife Reinvention Program
Registration for our 10-week Midlife Reinvention Program is currently closed. We will be offering the next program in the fall of this year.
Life Values Assessment Test
The purpose of this assessment exercise is to help you gain insight into your personal priorities by establishing which core values are most in need of your attention at this particular point in your life.
This life planning tool is exclusive to What’s Next, is absolutely free, and takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Click the button below to get started.
Are you an expert at midlife career change? We want to hear from you! If you are a coach, consultant, or adviser and would like to share your expertise with the What’s Next community through an article, video, or webinar, please contact us at hello [at] whatsnext.com
Are you stuck in a career you can’t stand and don’t know what to do next? We can help you in a number of different ways – through coaching, trusted guidance and more. Just send us a please contact us at hello [at] whatsnext.com